Fresh Pasta






The other day I decided it was time to keep up with my pasta skills, not being in an Italian Restaurant anymore I don't get to practice them as much as I should. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. The recipe I used was quite easy and offered much elasticity by working 5-6 yolks into it it had a rich golden hue.

1 3/4 C a/p flour
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1Tbs milk
1 tsp e.v.o.o.


Mix together making dough and double wrap in plastic film as it will dry out rather fast and let it sit for at least 30 min..I took the time to chop up some fresh Herbs and work them into the pasta. Working it through the numbered rollers just be sure to never go past 5 or rather good luck if you try. Anyway I took some fresh crab mixed it with ricotta cheese and seasoning pressed out all air and sealed it with an egg wash. The end result magnificent and well worth the time it took. Topping with a seared scallop some frizzled leek in a pool of Mango Cream with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis I was quite pleased and Happy for the rest of the day

No comments: